Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and is usually available in a dosage of 250mg, 375mg and 500 mg.
Naproxen is used in a variety of bone and joint disorders, particularly arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis) because of its unique and potent anti-inflammatory effect.
- It acts more quickly if taken with food.
- It is known to cause immense relief and is a pretty popular drug for usage in arthritis and other joint pain related conditions.
- It is used in a variety of bone and joint disorders, particularly arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis) because of its unique and potent anti-inflammatory effect.
- Naproxen is commonly known to cause diarrhoea, constipation, drowsiness and headaches. Other adverse effects may include having trouble falling asleep or feeling thirst along with a strange feeling in the arms and the legs.
Compare Aleve Caplets With Naproxen Sodium With The Top Products
Aleve (a brand name for Naproxen sodium) is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that is usually taken by the patients who are suffering from fever, pain and swelling, tenderness and other arthritis related symptoms.
Approved by FDA for over-the-counter sales, Aleve caplets or tablets are easily available in stores across the globe. The chemical or generic name for Aleve is Naproxen sodium.
How Does Aleve Act?
Aleve works by blocking some specific hormones collectively known as prostaglandins that are responsible for causing inflammation related symptoms such as redness, pain, tenderness and swelling.
What Is Aleve Used For (Indications)?
Aleve is commonly prescribed or used for:
- Symptomatic relief in various forms of arthritis
- Prompt pain relief in conditions such as gout or menstrual cramps.
- The pain relief in the common cold and also has the ability to reduce fever temporarily.
Are There Any Drawbacks Or Limitations?
Aleve is a symptomatic treatment i.e. only treats the cause and not the origin / real cause of the problem.
Aleve only provides short term or temporary relief. Although, once daily dosage is considered enough as it has a lasting effect for a maximum of twelve hours, you will need to take another dosage as soon as the symptoms return.
Is Aleve Safe During Pregnancy?
It is a common practice for pregnant women to take Aleve in their first two trimesters for the symptomatic relief of headaches or back pain. However, they must refrain from taking Aleve in the third trimester as it could be dangerous for them or the baby. It has been reported that Aleve taken in the last 3 months of a pregnancy might also cause some birth defects.
Equate Naproxen Sodium Liquid Filled Capsules
Aleve may have less heart risk than other pills