Naproxen or naproxen sodium is a medicine that is used in a variety of bone and joint disorders, particularly arthritis, because of its unique and potent anti-inflammatory effect.
Where To Buy?
Find out the relevant products below and buy Naproxen Sodium Tablets.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: This product contains ibuprofen 200 mg, a pain reliever and fever reducer (NSAID); compare to the active ingredient in Advil Ibuprofen Tablets
- PAIN RELIEVER AND FEVER REDUCER: Proven pain relief without a prescription for tough pain such as muscular aches, minor arthritis pain, toothache, backache, menstrual cramps or minor aches and pains from the common cold; also temporarily reduces fever
- STRONG RELIEF: Amazon Basic Care Ibuprofen Tablets 200 mg are strong on tough pain to help you get the relief you need to keep going; no prescription needed for this pain reliever and fever reducer
- EFFECTIVE: When pain tries to take over, turn to the proven pain relief of coated Amazon Basic Care Ibuprofen Tablets 200 mg; use for adults and children 12 years and over
- IBUPROFEN is the number one doctor recommended back pain OTC active ingredient (of U.S. physicians surveyed by an independent market research firm)
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Amazon Basic Care Acetaminophen Extended-Release Tablets, 650 mg active ingredient is acetaminophen 650 mg,. Compare to the active ingredient in Tylenol 8HR Arthritis Pain.
- PURPOSE: Amazon Basic Care Acetaminophen Extended-Release Tablets, 650 mg is a pain reliever and fever reducer that can be used for the temporary relief of minor pain of arthritis.
- TEMPORARY PAIN RELIEF: This product may also be used to temporarily relieve other minor aches and pains due to: muscular aches, backache, premenstrual and menstrual cramps, the common cold, headache, toothache.
- ASPIRIN FREE, GLUTEN FREE: Extended release caplets (capsule-shaped tablets) each provide 650 mg of acetaminophen, pain reliever and fever reducer, and contain no aspirin. Effective for minor arthritis pain. This product is gluten free.
- PUSH & TURN CAP: The container has a child-resistant cap. This product is a pain reliever and fever reducer for adults. Under 18 years of age, ask a doctor.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: This pain reliever and fever reducer contains naproxen sodium 220 mg, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID); compare to the active ingredient in Aleve Caplets
- STRENGTH TO LAST 12 HOURS: Pain reliever and fever reduction for up to 12 hours so you can get through the day
- ACHES AND PAINS: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to minor pain of arthritis, muscular aches, backache, menstrual cramps, headache, toothache and the common cold; also temporarily reduces fever
- ALL DAY RELIEF: Amazon Basic Care Naproxen Sodium Tablets 220 mg is a pain reliever and fever reducer for adults and children age 12 years and over
- CAPSULE-SHAPED TABLETS: This 12 hour pain reliever and fever reducer comes in a capsule-shaped tablet; this product is gluten free
Alternative Product Link:if you don’t find Naproxen Sodium Tablets in the above list.
We found these products are better alternative or related to Naproxen Sodium Tablets.
It is also used by patients who are suffering from acute gout and even morning stiffness. Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and is usually available in a dosage of 250mg, 375mg and 500 mg.
How does Naproxen act?
By nature, Naproxen is a COX-1 and COX-2 inhibitor i.e. it acts by blocking or slowing the production of prostaglandins, hormones responsible for causing inflammation, swelling and pain. It is a lipid-soluble drug, meaning that it dissolves in the protein structures of tissues. In addition to providing relief to the physical pain felt by the patient, it also reduces the swelling on the joints and increases the moving ability of the patients who eventually find themselves able to perform tasks with greater ease than before.
What is Naproxen used for (indications)?
Naproxen is used in a variety of bone and joint disorders, particularly arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis) because of its unique and potent anti-inflammatory effect. It is also used by the patients who are suffering from acute gout and morning stiffness.
When And How Should You Use Naproxen?
Patients who are experiencing pain and inflexibility in their joints anywhere in the body have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis should take tablets according to the doctor’s orders.
It is not necessary to take Naproxen with food and once can also do without it but most of the doctors recommend that although it is not essential, it is better if the drug is taken with something else to eat since it does not upset the stomach or cause acidity that way. Even water works.
In what kind of people, this drug should not be used (contraindications)?
Those people who have taken Naproxen before and it has had an adverse affect should also refrain from giving it another try. Elderly people are also advised to steer clear of using Naproxen since it could lead to stomach ulcers or intestinal problems.
Patients undergoing surgery (especially that related to the heart) are directed not to take Naproxen as it has a small risk of causing a heart attack or seizure.
Similarly, if a person has a history of blood clotting disorders or any other allergic reactions, is a smoker or an alcoholic or has a problem (even trivial) with the heart, kidney or the liver should not take Naproxen without consulting a doctor first. Even the people going through mild gastritis are better off talking to their doctor, in case their condition becomes worse.
Is Naproxen safe during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should strictly avoid taking Naproxen, especially in their last few months. Naproxen can also be released into breast milk and, therefore, should not be used by nursing moms.
How long does it take to act?
Most patients have stated that it takes a little less than half an hour for pain relief after having taken Naproxen. Some have also stated it acts more quickly if taken with food. In any case, it is known to cause immense relief and is a pretty popular drug for usage in arthritis and other joint pain related conditions.
Are there any side effects (safety profile)?
Naproxen is commonly known to cause diarrhoea, constipation, drowsiness and headaches. Other adverse effects may include having trouble falling asleep or feeling thirst along with a strange feeling in the arms and the legs.
The most drastic risks of Naproxen are of stomach bleeding and formation of holes in the digestive tract (perforation) along with the intestinal bleeding. It is best to immediately call your doctor if any of these symptoms are even slightly occurring after having taken the drug.
Things You Should Discuss With Your Doctor Before Taking Naproxen
Naproxen is not suitable for usage in people with certain medical conditions, such as heart or cardiovascular disease. Also, you must remember that like other NSAIDs, Naproxen only works to resolve or improve your symptoms temporarily and will not cure the root cause of the problem.
In addition, if you are already taking some drugs for the treatment of some other existing conditions, do let your doctor know as Naproxen may also interact adversely with other drugs such as diabetes medications, sulfa-based drugs, other NSAIDs, beta-blockers, lithium, and some other medications.
Last update on 2022-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API